Managing Today’s Learning Commons: Re-Skilling Seminar for Information Professionals
The Philippine Association of Academic/Research Librarians, Inc. (PAARL) will be holding a seminar-workshop with the theme Managing Today’s Learning Commons: Re-Skilling Seminar for Information Professionals on September 20-22, 2016 at the Crown Legacy Hotel, Kisad Road, Baguio City.
The seminar-workshop aims to achieve the following:
- Strengthen the personal competencies of librarians/information professionals.
- Enable librarians/information professionals to effectively respond to technological advancements.
- Advance the library and institutional goals and objectives by motivating librarians/information professionals to develop their competencies
Librarians/information professionals and faculty and students of LIS are invited to participate in the seminar-workshop.
A CHED memo endorsement and CPD (continuing professional development) points from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are being applied for this.
The conference fee is Php6300.00 (LIVE-OUT) inclusive of meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 morning and afternoon snacks, and one dinner), conference kit and certificate of participation. Please deposit payment at any BPI Family Savings Bank branch (please note that minimal charges may apply for inter-branch deposits). Account number is 005951-0782-06. Check payments should be made payable to the Philippine Association of Academic/Research Librarians, Inc.
LIVE-IN participants will be charged an additional Php600.00 to cover 2-night accommodation, made payable to Baguio Crown Legacy Hotel. Accommodation will be on a triple or quadruple sharing.
Pre-registration is required to help facilitate arrangements with the hotel. Kindly accomplish the online registration form available at http://bit.ly/PAARLSeminar2016
View/download some of the lectures-presentations at our PAARL Seminar- workshop with the theme "Managing Today’s Learning Commons: Re-Skilling Seminar for Information Professionals" held on September 20-22, 2016 at the Crown Legacy Hotel, Kisad Road, Baguio City, at these links:
- Dynamic Leadership and Management of Libraries/Learning Commons
- Reengineering library services
- Information literacy and the role of academic libraries
- Financial management in libraries
- Collection management
- Enhancing writing skills for librarians and information professionals
- Building a library disaster preparedness plan