Mrs. Corazon M. Nera, the Chair of the 2023 PAARL Awards Committee has opened the Call for Nominations for this year’s crop of PAARL Awards. These awards are in recognition of outstanding contributions to academic and research librarianship and to library development in general.
Deadline for nomination is until 07 December 2023 (Thursday). Interested parties may submit their nominations via this link or by scanning the QR Code below.
The Committee is accepting nominations for the following awards
- Outstanding Academic/Research Library
- Given in recognition of an academic or research library’s outstanding national contribution to the academic or research community with a cash award of P 5,000. This award was initiated in 2000 by then President Fe Angela M. Verzosa, and the first awardee was the International Rice Research Institute for the year 2001.
- Outstanding Library Program
- Given to an academic or research library in recognition of its outstanding library program that contributes to Philippine academic librarianship and library development in the Philippines. The library program must have a strong impact on the library community, be innovative, sustainable, and may be replicated in other library communities, or institutions. This award was initiated by Ms. Fe Angela M. Verzosa, as Chair of the Scholarship and Awards Committee for 2001, and the first awardee was Filipinas Heritage Library for its LibraryLink project for the year 2002.
- Innovative Library Design
- Given to encourage libraries who are constructing or renovating their libraries to introduce new concepts and integrate state-of-the-art designs which successfully combine exciting architectural expression, inspiring internal spaces and good functionality. The award offers an opportunity to recognize excellence in library design (for new buildings, renovations, extensions, and refurbishments) to demonstrate the impact of such innovative library design on learning, teaching and research. A plaque of recognition and cash gift amounting to Php10,000.00 is given to the Institution to be awarded during the annual General Assembly.
- Academic Librarian of the Year
- Given to a librarian who has made an outstanding national contribution to academic or research librarianship and to library development.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- The highest recognition given to an academic/research librarian as a hallmark of professional excellence as a lifetime achiever.
Information regarding PAARL Awards may be found here. For further inquiries, send an email to Mrs. Corazon M. Nera, Chair of the 2023 PAARL Awards Committee at email@example.com.